Rodents are one of the largest orders of mammals. Due to its small size, they have adapted to a comfortable habitation in almost every area: in the prairies, forests, valleys, mountains and, of course, near the habitat of human. Rodents have a high potential for reproduction. Many species may breed at the age of just over a month. In wild nature rodents are part of the balance performing a role in the food chain. But in daily life and agricultural production, they cause enormous damage to crops and food supplies.
The most common and harmful rodents are house mouse and harvest mouse:
- Harvest mouse is different from the other one with dark stripe on the back. This rodent has brown-red marking with a white belly.
- House-mouse has dark-gray or gray-brown marking or gray-brown marking on top with a yellowish belly.
Larger and more damaging neighbor of a man is rat. The lifetime of rats is about 2 years, but during this time the doe manages to bring a lot of calves (8 to 17 several times a year), which will soon also begin to breed. Unlike most other rodents, feeding only upon vegetable, the rats also appear in the role of predators, attacking, for example, poultry, pigs, rabbits and other small animals. In addition rats are a special threat to humans and domestic animals due to the fact that they are carriers of dangerous infectious diseases such as plague, tularemia, rabies, hemorrhagic fever, vaccinia, and so on.
There are many folk remedies against rodent pests.
- Spraying the plants with mint oil
- Planting the Imperial grouse
- The catching grooves
- Wrapping tree trunks with synthetic burlap, and a special grid
Slightly less common types of garden pests are moles and mole rats:
- Moles are insectivorous animals of small and medium sizes. The main harm moles cause by eating earthworms and damaging the roots of garden and vegetable cultures.
- Mole rats are rodents that are adapted to underground life. Mole rats feed upon underground parts of plants, acorns, seedlings of deciduous trees, as well as bulbs, tubers and root crops in this connection may cause considerable damage.
The most common ways to combat the moles and mole rats is scaring them with the noise, (because they have highly developed hearing), and also setting various traps on the path of movement of animals.
But there are other more modern and efficient ways to deal with all of the pests.
Rodenticides are chemicals belonging to the group of pesticides, intended to destroy warm-blooded pests. Rodenticides are used to protect various warehouses, granaries, grain processing areas and other businesses, as well as grain crops. Rodenticides begin to act on the body of the animal if it enters the intestine or lungs, causing various symptoms and reactions leading to death of the animal. A necessary condition for safe use of rodenticides is inaccessibility to people and pets, so always place the toxic substances in special trays and drawers.
The company "Dacha Group" is interested in cooperation with manufacturers of innovative means of rodent control and is willing to consider proposals for the distribution system within the line "GRYZUNA.NET."